1. Hungry Rabbit : http://hungryrabbitnyc.com/
Ken has a sweet tooth and so do I. I could eat his pictures as that’s how good his desserts look. Whilst I would like to try some of his recipes, I don’t think I have the artistic talent or patience to make them look as good as he does.
2. Silvia’s Cucina : http://silviascucina.net/
Silvia’s recipes just work. I have tried her ciabatta, foccacia, gnudi, gnocchi, ciambella, basic pasta sauce and they were all big hits in my kitchen. She is an actress and a fantastic cook – damn those people with multiple talents!
3. Poire au Chocolat : http://www.poiresauchocolat.net/
Emma hosts a beautiful website with an extremely handy glossary and little video demonstration of cooking techniques. I used her method to roll hot cross buns for my semlor recipe and they were perfect!
4. Russian mom cooks : http://russianmomcooks.com/
Anastasia posts lovely pictures of her food, recipes and everyday experiences with her children whom she adores. I am a huge fan of her vegetarian recipes and I have tried her Kulich recipe which was yummy.
5. The Hungarian Pantry : http://thehungarianpantry.blogspot.co.uk/
A very recent find and boy am I glad I did. Again, a sweet-toothed person’s heaven – Bea writes exclusively about desserts and all things sweet. I am looking forward to trying her marzipan recipe soon.
6. The Guardian’s ‘New Vegetarian’ : http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/series/thenewvegetarian
Strictly speaking, this isn’t a blog but does have some pretty good recipes for vegetarian food. I am a hopeless sucker for those by Yotam Ottolenghi. One day, I will visit one of his London restaurants!